Tuesday

Experimenting with moving image and music


  • I have experimented with moving image and music in the past for a photography project. I used iMovie to edit a sequence of moving images to fit the beat of song instrumentals. This has helped me gain an understanding of how to edit using iMovie, and how to edit and film with the inspiration of a song in mind. Both videos were focusing on the relationship between food and fashion, and they both include loops of footage and bright coloured close-up shots, which I would like to include in my music video.
  • These videos are not intended to be music videos, yet I have a better understanding of the process of editing.
  • They do not follow the usual conventions of music videos, as there are no lyrics and they do not follow a narrative, which Andrew Goodwin believed was an essential aspect of a music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment